That hour before morning


There's something kind of peaceful about 
Being up early in the morning when no one else is and you can gently move through your morning routine without having to interact with another human being. 

I get up about an hour and a half before I need to go to work especially to cater for my desire to potter about for a bit. Mornings do not bring out my efficient side and I've decided on balance than rather than have those few more minutes sleep that I would prefer to waste that time reading a bit of my book while I dry my hair and then maybe a bit more of the book until I check time and remember I'm actually supposed to be getting ready for work and have to rush through everything else. 

This morning I virtually crawled Out of bed into the shower refusing to fully wake up until I was at least half washed and afterwards I sat on my couch drinking tea as the morning sun came in the window, just enjoying the peace before my housemate got up and allowing me to go from groggy cranky Laura to actual civil human being fit for work. 

In truth a cup of tea and a small bit of sunshine are not sufficient to get me ready to leave the apartment, although it is a nicer day when I get a bit of both. I have to shower and wash my face and then use virtually every product in my make up bag and then dry my hair and attempt to beat it into something resembling a style. I then have to make breakfast which is porridge and tea and a million supplements and assemble some semi clean items from my uniform and finish making lunch. Considering I move in the mornings with the speediness of a half asleep snail this is all quite a tedious process yet it allows me to show for work looking reasonably bright eyed and awake.
That being said I have found that nothing wakes you up faster in the mornings than when you wake of your own accord at the time you should already be in work. This has only happened to me twice and I've triple checked my alarm each night ever since but I will tell you that it woke me up faster than a double expresso. Not that I'm recommending it as a start to your day unless you quite like getting through work unwashed and without breakfast. I like my sleep but I like my morning routine more. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..