Could you BE more passive-aggressive?

Little ray of sunshine that I am, I have more than one thing on my list of dislikes but there is one that irks me above all others (at least today it does) and that is passive aggressive behavior. I am many things and I know too honest is certainly one of them but there is one thing I will stand behind and that is if I don't like you then you will probably know all about it and not because I will deliberately be a bitch but I just wont make an effort to be friendly beyond pleasantries. I am assuming this is one of the times where my chronic ability to lie convincingly comes into play. Not everyone is like me though and I think that's a shame because life would be a far more level playing field if you knew where you stood. Sometimes people are not honest enough or brave enough to allow their true feelings show through and that's usually where passive aggressive behavior comes in to it. 
Sometimes I tire of having to see the haze of anger that lies beneath someones smile while assessing if there's anything genuine there at all but it seems I am not getting any less honest so I had better just suck it up as best I can. 

You will hardly be surprised at this point in time to hear I would prefer aggressive behavior. I think an openly angry comment is far less irritating and open to misinterpretation than a snide one made with a smile. Mostly the reason I believe in this as the better method is that when someone is openly hostile at least you cant point out that behavior to witnesses and they wont tell you someone misunderstood and so a bitch is recognized as such. Weirdly this sort of carry on seems to be more popular among women, the bitchier sex. I openly seethe at the number of occasions where I have locked metaphorical horns with someone over some issue and have been told I am over reacting as they smile angrily at me and bystanders look on baffled. Sometimes then underlying tension beneath a conversation can only be seen by you and most likely it is what makes it so popular among those who use it as their own personal social crutch. How easy it is to claim you weren't actually being bitchy at all. I'll be the one gritting my teeth in silent frustration.

So my point is this, if being a bitch is for you then man up and actually be a bitch. Commit to it. I have been known to have my bitchy moments. I would imagine its a great deal more therapeutic to actually let these feelings out once in a while. I just don't have time for venom laced smiles and conversational undercurrents and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..