Still amused by innuendo


I like to wonder if there's a cut off point where I will no longer snigger at anything vaguely sexual. Logic would suggest that if such an Age existed then surely I'd have reached it by now. I'm technically a fully fledged adult and spend most of my time doing very grown up things and yet I 
Undo this facade every time i am the only  
Giggling at some almost dirty sounding phrase or word and everyone Turns to stare while i go bright red and mumble an 
Apology. Now perhaps it's not a question of maturity. It is said that you have to grow older but you don't have grow up and I think that's a concept I can get behind. 

Now if you're not overly familiar with crossfit then you'd be forgiven for thinking that the barrage of dirty sounding terms are hilarious but after over two years training there I really should be less amused. Among the funnier words that get that get thrown around in your average crossfit gym are snatch, box , clean and jerk and thrusters . I think there's a strong possibility that many of these terms are only filthy in Ireland and maybe the Uk. I'm sure in most parts of the world that box and snatch are not synonymous With slang for lady parts but what can I say, we are a filthy people. I don't smirk every time I say snatch so that's a definite improvement but sometimes I find myself smiling awkwardly just before I shout to a coach 'hey, can you come look at my snatch?' I suppose I should be glad we don't use shake weights in the gym ( mostly because as far as exercise equipment goes they are an actual joke) because the terminology combined with an exercise that mimics a wanking motion would probably be too much for my fragile mind to handle. 

in truth I'm not quite as bad as my teenage self but I am still partial to a good innuendo 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..