Pet peeves

If I were so inclined to right a semi definitive list of my pet peeves then I would probably start with the words 'pet peeves', It annoys me just saying it and I think surely someone somewhere could have could have come up with a better word to describe the petty irritations in life. If I was to set aside sometime and really dedicate myself to the cause I could probably have a whole new blog updated daily on the the things that really bug the crap out of me but life gets in the way so I will do my utmost to limit it to this one post.

At this particular moment in time, as someone who idly scans my facebook feed several times a day and I am noticing it is virtually polluted with the internets' latest offering, some gimmick called bitstrips which allows you to create a cartoon version of yourself and then post pictures of your cartoon self doing the unfunniest things possible with someone else (who has also taken the time out of their busy day to make a cartoon likeness of themselves) and caption it. Am I missing something here because I actually don't get it and I've yet to be amused by it. I audibly sigh as I scroll down my news feed trying to find a tidbit of interesting information. Now maybe I will suddenly get what the craze is about and will be all over bitstrips as though it's the new selfie but somehow I doubt it. It also bugs me how there is no option to block it from showing up and instead I have to hide each individual post which is very time consuming, don't they know I am a very busy woman.

I know it's not nice to say this, especially given that I am already known among friends for my grammar Nazi tendencies, but I have low tolerance for displays of stupidity be it on line or in the real world. Idiocy is impossible to avoid (unfortunately) and I have to make my way through many a day by biting my lip and taking deep breaths to avoid speaking my mind. Sometimes the truth is underrated by those around you. The beauty of the internet  as means of communicating,through the many forums it gives us access to. is that your stupidity is no longer a private matter and there are websites dedicated to the types of people who post on facebook thinking they are sending private messages but actually posting very private stuff for everyone to see and going about their daily lives thinking Syria is a person and that the titanic is just a movie and it all starts to seem like an argument for chlorine in the gene pool. Not to mention the myriad of typo's that people in my social realm seem to vomit out daily in updating their statuses. If it's the odd one or two then you can safely assume it was an error and continue on your merry way. I can safely assume most people aren't as bad as me, feeling mortified upon spotting a typo and hastily editing said post so that people don't think I don't know how to spell. sometimes though I stumble across something so incoherent that I actually struggle to interpret it and feel as though I might have discovered some dialect I don't speak but no it's just someone too lazy or incapable of spelling. Just for the record, I don't care how intriguing your post is or how funny the topic if It doesn't look like English as I know it at first glance then I am not going to like it.

While were on the subject, why the hell doesn't Facebook have a dislike button because I would easily say I feel the urge to tell people I don't like their status' more than I feel the need to tell them I do and sometimes I don't want to be seen to be leaving the snarky comment ( that I would really like to leave) but would also hate for them to think the post just went unnoticed in the stream of consciousness that makes up my Facebook homepage. Someone needs to get on that and facilitate my desire to passive-aggressively display my discontent. I think I would like to take a moment to applaud the individual who changed their name on Facebook to nobody so that they could like status' and the individual (whose status they liked) would get a notification to say that nobody likes this. Fucking  genius and that is all (for now). Thank you and Goodnight 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..