Penney's - Do you only get what you pay for?

When I was in my teens I was embarrassed to be seen going into Penneys and there's not a hope in hell I would have admitted to buying something from there. I was too busy lusting over unaffordable items from French Connection and for a few years in my early twenties, buying them. Paying 80 quid for a cardigan and telling myself it was a bargain, clearly I was high.

In my student years and in the middle of a God awful recession I find my attitude, as well as everyone else's has changed and getting a bargain from Penney's seems to be worn like a badge of pride. "Oooh I love your dress, where did you get it?" "Penneys - 10 euro" lest anyone think you went to any special effort or expense to look good.

I will admit there is a certain lure in knowing that your money will go much further but I'm starting to wonder does it matter if all you're doing is throwing away your money on stuff you don't want or that will fall apart just as you've started to live in it. 

I went in yesterday to buy some new underwear. Kind of point less because their Bra's are so cheap for a reason but I got carried away and came home with three from there where in other shops I'd have come away with one that was better made for the same price. It's like being a child again and someone offers you either one note or a handful of coins and you find yourself taking the coins because there's more of them and more is better right. 

Along with these other necessities I bought a very exciting multi pack of socks and knickers. All well and good , with the way these things seem to evaporate in the wash you can never have enough. However, I made one fatal mistake. I assumed that the drawing on the pack of bikini briefs was giving me an idea of it's actual size and it was only when I went to put on a pair this morning that I found myself confronted with some of the biggest knickers I have ever seen, I had to check I had bought the right size ( I had), It just turns out that apparently bikini briefs is the name that they give big ass knickers or perhaps just knickers for people with big asses. I tried them on to see if perhaps they looked normal while wearing them but this was not the case. I'd almost post a photo so we could all get a chuckle out of it but it's not that sort of blog. They seemed to go half way up my stomach and I couldn't work out why but I did imagine they would be rather useful if you were in need of an impromptu bum bag for running or some such activity. They hold excellent storage possibilities. 

I guess they will go on the reject pile along with the cheap boots that just fall apart and the top I'll never actually wear and all the other bits and pieces that seemed like a really good bargain at the time. Even with my years of shopping experience I'm still a sucker for a bargain. Thanks Penneys's

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..