Laura gets her culture on


People  who read my blog will be aware of what an exciting life I lead. If you did not pick up on or enjoy the sarcasm there then this might not be the blog for you. My sarcasm is on automatic and I've
Only worked out how to tone it down not turn it off. Anyway that's not the point of today's post. It is merely a side note. 

Tonight I am going to see a play and I'm actually pretty excited. as it turns out there a lot of things I actually enjoy doing more than drinking and it seems a damned shame that I don't get to do them more often. Part of the reason for this is money, ah yes I don't have quite enough disposable income to live the life I'm meant to ( wah wah - crying noises ). The kind of things I would like to be doing more of Is going to comedy, going to gigs and really good plays but I can't say it's often that anything happens along those lines here In Waterford that makes me think anything more than meh! by that I mean that we don't seem to be culture capital so quite a lot of it passes us by. 

Other cities like Dublin, cork, Galway and even Kilkenny seem to get a much better line up. Mind you, chances are if I lived there I'd probably still be too broke to do much of anything so it's all much of a muchness. The Kilkenny arts festival is on at the moment and there were a few things that looked promising and I remember saying I really must go to ... And then not actually doing anything about it but it seems this year luck is on my Side as I've been offered a spare ticket to see the taming of the shrew. It's being put on by the Shakespeare globe theatre who ,I'm told, are really good and It's been forever ( a guesstimate) since I last saw a really good play so I'm
Ready to get my culture on. 

I'll be driving to Kilkenny for the first time ever (eek) which does make me nervous but if I only go  to places which I was very familiar With driving to then I'm in for a very sheltered life. If you I don't post again tomorrow you can just assume my awful sense of direction has me still circling back roads many hours later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..