Now would be a good time to applaud

So the other day I was baking cookies with the assistance of a four year old and every time I successfully completed a step she insisted I get a round of applause. While it was certainly a different way to bake ( I usually bake at home by myself and it saves time if I don't keep pausing to clap at the great job im doing) it did get me thinking. By the end of it I had some delicious cookies (not for long) and I was feeling pretty damn good about myself, yes as it happens I had done a good job and I started wondering why I couldn't have someone clap every time I completed a task successfully.

I am a reasonably competent adult so perhaps not everything would merit applause, like it would be a bit weird if someone followed me around my apartment clapping because I had just successfully showered or dressed myself but in work, I think it wouldn't go astray.

Laura's just completed a big order for a school, let's give her a clap or Laura's just been super helpful to that customer or managed not to shout at that really rude, irritating lady. Is it wrong to want a little recognition. 

It is much in the same way I think having my personal sound track would have it's uses. I wouldn't investigate the scary noise late at night if eerie music was playing, I'd know when someone was interested because smoochy music would be playing and all in all life would go a lot smoother for me. The closest I've come to that is that sometimes the classical playlist in work, that plays on a loop, will play some loud, very dramatic piece that would usually accompany an action scene in an old movie but as of yet nothing dramatic has ever happened in work while that music is on. I haven't completely given up hope yet.

Later on this evening I might just bake some buns but I have to say without anyone to clap for me, I'm not sure it will be the same. How will I know if I did a good job? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..