chasing a skinnier version of myself

I Have this image in my head of a goal that I am aiming for. A body I could have that is loosely based on fitspiration pictures because I've never really had definition before so I've no image of myself to work towards. In a way it's a bit like shopping for a dress for a special occasion when you have a pretty good idea of what it looks like in your head only you're entirely certain someone has gotten around to making it just yet.

I am always on the lookout for way to make this happen and yes, before you ask, I am also doing the usual stuff.  For me making changes to my diet and lifestyle in order to get in shape is just common sense but apparently common sense is not as common as it should be. I am not looking for some wonder drug to do all the work for me, all I want is a push in the right direction. At the moment I am trying to work out four to five times a week and I'm watching what I eat. I am currently on round two of giving up sugar, after today it will have been a week and hopefully I wont fall off the sugar wagon.

I often while away time on pinterest and usually on health and fitness I am just looking for nice fitspiration quotes but I will check out interesting recipes when I come across them. Still haven't gotten around to making paleo nutella but it's definitely on my to do list. Anyway the other night I stumbled across a cleanse that intrigued me. All you have to do is mix one tea spoon cinnamon with two teaspoons of honey and mix in boiling water to make a tea. Drink it just before bed and 30 minutes before you eat in the morning and according to what I've read it helps weight loss and also prevents fat accumulating on your body. So I thought well this is surely a win because cinnamon and honey are relatively low cost and should be easy to drink plus the whole thing sounds fairly low effort and who doesn't love anything that doesn't require much effort. 

I only started last night but I'm already discovering some small downsides. The first is that the honey and cinnamon tend to accumulate at the bottom of the cup, so unless you drink it quite hot and stir it a lot, you are left with a gloopy honey -cinnamon mess at the end of the cup that has all the consistency of slime (yum) but its okay to knock it back provided you don't think about it too much. The other thing I discovered this morning which is more my fault than my morning concoctions'. I wanted to do a workout before I showered but I also need to drink my tea 30 mins before I eat so I thought the best thing would be to have the tea cooling while I exercised. now the problem is that the tea cooled quicker than planned so I either had to drink it cold or pause my workout to drink it. I chose option number two and only waited a few seconds after I'd knocked it back to resume working out. A mistake it would seem because right after I did my burpees I had to stop. And I'm still doing other things around the house, I really want to finish my workout but I've spent the last 20 minutes feeling like I was going to throw up. Lesson learned, cinnamon-honey tea + burpees = big mistake. I only stopped myself from doing so because if I got sick I'd have to make that stupid tea and drink it again and I was damned if I was going to be doing that.

I am giving this until the end of the jar of honey to make a difference. I don't know how many teaspoons are in the jar but I reckon I should at least get two weeks out of it and If there's no change by then I can happily give up and try something else. I even measured myself last night to have something to compare the possible results with because I know these kind of changes aren't always found on the scales. I don't know when I last measured myself, It could have been a while but I usually update the weight loss app on my phone when I do and I discovered much to my delight that my waist is a whole inch smaller, not because of the one cup of tea, obviously. That's all diet and crossfit but weirdly nothing motivates me to exercise more like seeing its working. 

I'm thinking that if this cleanse doesn't prove to be the miracle I'm after then at least it shouldn't do any harm. According to a blog I was reading about alternative health the combination of honey and cinnamon works for many things. So the tea I'm drinking is also said to help ; bladder infections, cholesterol, colds, upset stomach, bad breath, gas, immune system, indigestion, sore throat, pimples, skin infections and fatigue (some of those are only helped when it's applied as a paste - skin infections and pimples) so worst case scenario I shall be a pinnacle of health after it, really I've nothing to lose (except that extra fat) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..