That awkward moment when .....

Some days I feel as though my life is just a series of awkward moments, one leading into the next and I'm just punchline to an elaborate joke. Admittedly those are not what I'd call my good days.

Today while feeling super productive I decided to do a quick food shop on my lunch hour and I turned around in the supermarket and almost walked right into my ex. Yea, that's definitely an awkward moment. I did the adult thing and pretended I hadn't seen him (that's the adult thing, right ?) or his mother. Oh did I not mention that part, he was food shopping with his mother. He was 21 when we split up so that would make him 23 now. I think that makes it worse and the moral of the story is maybe I should look at dating men a little closer to my own age or at least to aim higher. At least that way I wont find myself having to slowly walk around a supermarket pretending I haven't noticed him staring at me, oh silly me that wasn't awkward at all.

Sometimes when I get embarrassed I want to just disappear from that moment but instead I find myself bright red trying to appear nonchalant. For the most part I do not do nonchalant well, if the going bright red part wasn't indicative of that. 

I find when I get awkward I get rude and sometimes sarcastic but sometimes people find it difficult to tell that it's a by product of my awkwardness due to my tendency to occasionally be rude or sarcastic just for the hell of it and also because I am prone to such frequent bouts of social awkwardness that many people wouldn't recognize me any other way. I was having awkward moments before the internet term was even coined and despite my attempted foray into full on adult hood I'm sure I have many more left ahead of me unless one day I awake to find myself cool, calm and collected but somehow I doubt it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..