Stress baking is the new Stress eating

Firstly can we just take a moment to stop and see how perfect this someecard is for me because I do crossfit and bake cookies obviously. I'm clearly not a bloke and it says nothing about my bookaholicism but otherwise this is me summed up.

So this morning at 7am  I was standing in my kitchen blearily making cookie dough in my pyjamas. Yes, this really happened. Last night I was having another bout of half hearted insomnia and I was awake randomly for two hours in the middle of the night and while my mind whirred noisily and I tried as many things as I could think of  to get me asleep, I had the thought that in the morning I should make cookies and it seemed logical at the time. So naturally when I woke , I felt like something I had scraped off my shoe and I knew my planned workout was not something I was currently able for, I decided I would bake while I woke myself up and it seemed like a normal thing to do.  

I used to stress eat and oh man did I stress eat like it was a competition that I was winning and then I would feel terrible about it for ages afterwards ( because that's just how I roll ) and you know it didn't really do much for my overall stress levels. But now I've found a new outlet and instead of eating all the chocolate within my reach ( because I no longer keep it in the apartment and my awesome will power, but mostly the lack of chocolate) I bake something. And when I wake up in the morning feeling like I've been slapped upside the head, and just want to crawl back into bed and pretend I didn't plan a workout , I bake something and then I go get sweaty. As these things go it kind of works for me.

Now I know the smart cookies among you (did you see what I did there) will probably be wondering how that really works as a new game plan because surely a whole lot of baking leads to a whole lot of eating and it should. If it did I'd be right back to square one or possibly worse off because I wouldn't even need to drag my lazy ass to a shop to get my stress eating on, I could do it easily right from the comfort of my kitchen. And  my secret isn't really a secret as such. Firstly I use good ingredients so my baking is pretty healthy all coconut sugar and almond oil and other healthy kind of things that junk food junkies turn their noses up at in favor of sugar coated cupcakes but the second part of my baking regime is the best part of all. I know of at least three or four people who enjoy my baking just as much as me so no sooner than I've baked something yummy than I have given most of it away. So all the pleasure of baking , it really is quite soothing, without all the guilt. Yes, I really am a genius. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..