me me me !

It's weird how living alone as a single person starts to shape you into someone who is inherently selfish with their time and space and how reluctant you feel about making any changes to the status quo. I've had a double bed to myself for two years now and I can't see myself being willing to share any of it any time soon. Maybe I want to sleep in a star shape, dammit and if that's the case there's room to do it without falling out of bed or having my limbs dangling precariously over the edge. Even I wanted to sleep width ways across the bed there's still room although I'm not quite sure why I'd want to do that. I don't know if that's because my bed is so big or I'm so very short but I suspect it's a little of column a and a little of column b. 

After a time you get used to organizing your home in a certain way, even if the organization is not apparent to the untrained eye and become comfortable in your own silence and the thought of ever having to share your living situation either with a flatmate or worse boyfriend becomes horrifying enough that you resolve to push it to the back of your mind and deal with it if the need ever arises because for now things are ticking along nicely, no changes here.

I've settled into a nice little routine in my evenings and I find don't enjoy too many changes which probably makes me unexciting but if I'm already in my pyjamas drinking sleepy tea then don't try to entice me out with your so called plans even if it is only 10pm. I'm not sure at what point I became so precious with my time, seeing friends and doing the odd bit of socializing but also making time to blog and read and bake. And being annoyed if anyone so much as suggests I skip a crossfit class to make other plans. Not that I'm saying I'll never change because I might. After all I'd never have predicted this sort of lifestyle for myself two years ago but right now I can stretch out in my bed and touch nothing but my duvet cover and I kind of like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..