annnnd this is why I don't drink

Yes yes, I know I might have blogged about something similar before so forgive me if these words sound familiar. I'm sometimes slow to learn my lesson or at least that's what I tell myself as I make the same stupid mistakes over and over again, This seems to be a favourite of mine, getting horribly drunk and swearing to never do it again and  I know I'm not the only waking to a chorus of never again.

The difference is I mean it, well sort of. I'm not signing up to be a pioneer or anything but I don't want to get that sort of drunk again. I think I might be declared a disaster. so here goes, my weekend was going well and I was enjoying myself sans alcohol and thinking yea I can totally do this and well done me. Then everyone in the group I was sitting in was drinking so I thought I'll have one to be sociable and it all kind of went down hill from there, much vodka was consumed and I believe a shot might have been involved but fortunately it was just the one. So I was out in town, very drunk but I'm assuming I probably blended in fairly well with all the other terribly drunk souls in that particular establishment and honestly I have just have snap shots of the night. Of kissing some random guy, what was that about ? and getting a text from my friend saying she was leaving and then suddenly not knowing where my phone was. Goddammit and I'm sure I'll never see it again, my precious uninsured iphone 5 (yes I know I should have insured it !!). After asking someone to ring it and getting nowhere I stumbled home where I promptly turned on my laptop and set an alarm for the morning, what could be more fun than working with a hangover (anything I'm sure) and fell into bed.

This morning I woke feeling hazy and little drunk and with a general sense of unease and then I remembered the drink and the phone and random guy and I felt like having a little cry but first I was waiting for the room to stop spinning. And sometimes everyone is out having great fun and coming home with hilarious stories and escapades and I wonder why I don't do that anymore. When It's all so much fun then why am I not joining in and then I wake hungover in last nights dress and most of last nights make up and it's like oh yea, now I remember.

This time I wont be forgetting especially considering I still have see out my stupid mobile contract for a phone I no longer have. Being optimistic just isn't my nature and I'm sure that someone is having a great old time with my phone which according to my find my phone app is somewhere on the street where I live but I can't exactly go door to door asking for it so I guess I'll that be a lesson for me and I'll just have to settle for being the moral in my own story or a cautionary tale to tell my nieces when they arrive in their teens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..