The Swiss connection


Maybe it's a bit early in the festival to be saying this but I think pull-up orchestra are my favourite music act in Spraoi. True 
Story.

I haven't actually seen every band but I've seen enough of the other music acts to know I'm unlikely to revise this opinion.
Pull-up orchestra are a 10 piece Swiss band that mix brass sounds with hip hop. 
It doesn't sound like it should work but it does and I'm all set to become a temporary groupie 😊
  
I will confess I had a feeling I was going to like them from the moment I read they were Swiss. There are worse things to have a soft spot for than Swiss hip hop but there you go that's my guilty pleasure . Not that I feel all that guilty for my indulgence.

Way back when I spent my year In Lausanne, 10 whole years ago, Switzerland, I took full advantage of the free concerts and festivals that went on in the city over the summer and that involved me seeing more than a little bit of Swiss hip hop. Some of it like billy bear - lead singer in a group called stress, seems cheesy in retrospect (mostly because it was) and listening to any music reminiscent of that kind of brings me back there but in a good way and there's nothing wrong With that 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..