On becoming a possible tea addict.

I think if it was possible to become addicted to herbal tea then I would be the first person to do so but sadly because the stuff I drink is caffeine free that leaves me as being able to merely describe myself as a tea enthusiast which is a term that calls to mind an image not unlike that of a trainspotter except I'm not not down by the train tracks in anorak but at home on my couch making yummy noises into a really damn good cup of tea and also I don't own an anorak. 

So I was in Kilkenny today and within 10 minutes of arriving I had already bought two new pukka teas and paid an extortionate amount of money for the priviledge. Clearly the health food chain was having a bit of a laugh because it was daylight robbery and that's speaking as someone who already knows they are being ripped off closer to home. 

Anyway I went with a friend to buy coffee in this tiny little tea and coffee in town and somehow came out with two bags of loose leaf tea but considering the fact that there was about 6 that smelled really really good. And so €12 poorer but a whole lot happier I left. I had to buy the special tea holder or else I would have found myself choking back mouth fulls of tea leaves which would make the whole thing considerably less delicious.

At the moment I think I have at least 10 varieties of tea in my kitchen and not one of them is lyons or barrys. I think I could probably buy shares in pukka tea and do well for myself. 
I have also developed a fondness for those adorable tea pots for two especially the ones that sit on cup, cuteness ahoy. I would probably have a collection if I wasn't so damn clumsy and didn't keep dropping them. 

My days are punctuated with tea, having four to five cups of whatever tea suits my mood or time of day. Such as energizing tea is only for early in the day. I do not wish to energize myself late at night and sleepy time tea is only drunk shortly before bed. I don't actually think I would be falling asleep in work if I had my sleepy tea early but you still wont find me taking that chance. Now I have two more to add to my collection a refreshing crushed mint and a zesty lime rooiboos tea which are both absolutely delightful and can be had at any time.

So it seems I have plenty of tea but I could probably do with more time to drink it and maybe I can start collecting cups to drink it in, it could be my thing. As a budding tea enthusiast that is

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..