I had the strangest dream ....

Lately I have been waking with pretty vivid recollections of the previous nights dreams and at first I was thinking it was strange that I'm dreaming much more than I used to but then I remembered something my naturopath said the last time I saw her. Well I really should have paid more attention when she was talking to me because all I could remember was there was some link between a deficiency in your diet and poor dream recall. Naturally I googled it (isn't that what the internet is for !) and there's a link between lack of vitamin b6 and poor dream recall. There you go and sure haven't been taking a pretty decent quality B-complex vitamin the last two weeks so the mystery has been explained.

I will say , now that I am waking to the lingering echoes of last nights dreams, that perhaps poor dream recall isn't the worst thing in the world. I have been waking to remember some pretty bizarre dreams. I have never been one for dream interpretation and I sure as hell don't intend to start now. As far as I can tell the dreams I  am having seem to be my brain's way of processing all the different thoughts I've had through the day as well as stuff I've read, things that come up in conversations and plots of any tv shows I've watched. 
It all gets jumbled together in my brain until I am adopting dogs and somehow turning people into geese. Who knows what's really going on because I've always had a vivid imagination when I'm awake so it's not too much of a leap for my brain to piece together stories in my sleep.

In case you were worried that I am now about to recount these said dreams for you, you can relax that's not going to happen. Is there anything more excruciating than listening to someone walk you through their dreams in painstaking detail. I have known friends who have been upfront about it and if you were about to launch into your strange dream story they will interrupt to let you know that they don't have any interest in helping you interpret them or indeed hearing about them at all. At first this approach may seem a little harsh but mostly I am just jealous that I seem unable to say that to other friends before we dedicate half an hour to puzzling out their dreams. In my opinion it means nothing, there is no hidden message, no great mystery to be solved. 

The strange thing is despite knowing that people don't want to hear about my dreams, I don't always want to hear about my dreams as much as I don't want to hear about someone else's but I still feel almost compelled to tell someone whenever I wake feeling truly baffled by what's been running through my head at night. I do have some restraint though and I am sure everyone is grateful for my reticence on this matter. I can usually limit to oh I had the strangest dream last night about x person or x thing and leave it there. Even though I really want to say more but I don't because the only thing worse than listening to someone else's dream in detail is being the person doing that to other people.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..