an almost typical day off for me

Whenever I get a weekday off I like to go home and try cram in as much crossfit as humanely possible so that I can feel better about my otherwise sedentary lifestyle and this Friday was no different. I was on lock up Thursday night but I wanted to do a class that night so I came to work prepared. By prepared I mean that I had all my stuff already packed in my car and I was wearing my workout clothes under my uniform. This allows me to a wonder woman type stunt once the shop is closed except with less spinning involved.

I was up this morning at 8 and it felt like a lie in for me which is a little bit sad but an extra hour in bed is not to be laughed at. All I needed was time to wash and eat and throw on some gym gear and then feeling super efficient or half asleep ( maybe a bit of both) I headed to the Supermarket to get my weeks shopping in before the 10 am class. The workout was tough but good but I believe I may have used different words to describe it if you had asked mid-way and I had already decided I wouldn't be hanging around for the 5.15 class as per usual because I had soup to make and yes, that's a totally valid reason to head home early. Post workout I had my protein shake and sat in sweaty heap while I mustered up the energy to a do a rowing workout, you know to make myself feel better about skipping the class later on. 
It was very therapeutic and I felt better for doing it so I headed home sweatier but happier to get some noms before going for tea.

Had tea with my sister in M&S like we always do, such creatures of habit. Now that they have put a tk maxx in the same complex I can't imagine having tea anywhere else in town. And we had a teeny tiny little browse in tk maxx before I dropped her back to the gym. Then I headed back to Waterford delighted with all the free time I had to myself, getting back for 3.30 instead of seven. I can barely tell you where it all went but it seems the vague notion I had of spending some time sprawled on the couch with my book was clearly just a pipe dream. I was however, very productive so at least I have that. Since getting home I have unpacked, hoovered the apartment, put a wash on, made enough soup for a small third world country, put dinner on, had a shower and researched car insurance quotes. Well done Laura, here's your imaginary pat on the back. 

So now it's 7 pm and I'm waiting for my dinner to cook as I am almost falling asleep on my couch. My boyfriend is calling over at 8 to see me and I'm hoping he wont mind if I'm falling asleep on his shoulder because unless dinner perks me that's a definite possibility. 
Now all I need is another day off so I can laze about the apartment and read my book. And that's how you do a day off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..