The legendary Nomelette

Say what you want about my dietary restrictions because I think they are turning out to be a great thing for me. Previously I was fat (two or three years ago) and unbelievably picky about what I ate whereas as now I'm a lot slimmer, feel much better and I'm actually starting to experiment with food. Mostly because necessity has forced me to. Clearly someone doesn't want me to starve. Who would have thought I would have been trying new foods just like a regular person, not me that's for damn sure.

Anyway in the spirit of experimenting, I made some changes to an omelette recipe and it turned out so damn good I have renamed it a nomelette. I may have also called it legendary but that's just conjecture at this point in time. I used to only make omelettes with just eggs and cheddar until I had to give up cheese and then I was forced to improvise. Now cheese is so very delicious that I am seeing how I get on only eating small bits of it and so far my tummy hasn't exploded so I'm allowing it back into my omelettes on a trial basis and seeing how I get on. Fingers crossed on this one because I've already grown rather attached to it.
So here's the recipe:

2 eggs
a pinch of dried thyme
3 cherry tomatoes ( you add more or different types of tomatoes as you like)
1/8 red pepper 
small handful spinach
1/10 small block of cheddar with chilli and lime 
1/10 small block of Mediterranean cheese ( you can use any cheese but these ones added extra zest because of the spices added) 
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil .


1.Whisk two eggs with thyme until well mixed
2. add slices of tomatoes and finely chopped pieces of pepper
3. cut or shred spinach and add to mixture. 
4. Mix well with a fork
5. Heat a frying pan and add coconut oil
6. once oil has melted add omelette mix and use fork to ensure vegetables are
well distributed 
7. when Omelette is starting to bubble and lifts easily from bottom of frying pan you can add the small chunks of cheese
8. Put the omelette under the grill until puffy and golden brown.

Serve, eat and then proclaim me a cullinary genius. Spread the word of my legendary pizza nomelette and I'll just sit home and count my money. 
I was going to put a photo of my omelette but it was so delicious I nommed it all up before I had a chance to, sorry. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..