Starting the new year as I mean to go on, sort of



This morning I woke up with a slightly sore head and an incredibly sore body .
Breaking from usual New Year's Eve routine I had actually gone out to celebrate instead 
Of sitting in and pretended it wasn't happening. It must have been a Christmas miracle because for 
The first time ever I actually had a good time New Year's Eve ; I didn't drink too much or injure myself or
End up in tears or feel filled With an overwhelming sense of disappointment so it was a first for the new year. The one major regret I woke with was that I had foolishly chosen New Year's Eve morning as the one to return to CrossFit the morning before a night out.

To make the whole thing worse, I hadn't trained once in December ( because Christmas made it too difficult to get home and I couldn't muster up the will power to workout at home ) so my muscles  Had quite the rest. On top of that it wasn't just your average CrossFit class I'd wandered into but 
An epic end of year team workout that would have pushed me at the best of times. It's Just a shame 
This wasnt the best of times.

I'm not an idiot. I do know that alcohol slows down recovery but I did 
Only have 4 glasses of wine all night and I even paused to have glasses of 
Water Inbetween. How responsible am I ! My mother would be proud. 
Well sort of, she certainly spent enough of my twenties trying to impart 
That advice.  and even as I was enjoying my night out and dancing away I was 
Starting to feel the beginnings of muscle pains in my legs, not usually a promising sign.

so maybe I didn't start the year as I mean to go on. Not even a little bit.
because wants to wake every day in immense pain. The hope is that as I get used To working out properly again that it won't hurt so damn much the next day. 
The problem with taking a few weeks off is that it feels like you have to relearn 
CrossFit all over again and I don't actually think I've been in this much pain since 
I first learned it. Nothing like waking up with a slight hangover and it taking you 
Over 5 minutes to hobble in a painful manner to the bathroom.  And wishing the Toilet seat was a hell of a lot higher because there's nothing more painful than  Trying to sit down with legs of doom. 

All in all it's not the worst start to the year especially given the Amount of New Years days I've spent feeling violently ill, this is a vast improvement.
I think I've learned my lesson here, sort of 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..