Rainy Day Melancholy

I am not having a great sort of morning. The sort where I would readily crawl back into bed with my book and just read the day away, forgetting the world. Those who know me, know that I would happily do that most mornings but today I really really wanted to. I don't know if it's lack of sleepy or just tired of waking up to the dreariest weather imaginable but I have a pretty bad dose of rainy day blues and I don't know how to shake it. It's grey and raining and cold and blustery like a bad mood waiting to happen and joy of joys I start work at 1 till 9.30 and then I'm back in Saturday morning at 9 again. So no duvet day for me. 

I was listening to the radio this morning and they had a competition for a free summer holiday. I would absolutely love one because I couldn't even begin to tell you the last time I got away for anything like that or even when I can next afford to (not any time soon, that's for damn sure) and I came pretty close to entering the competition. Not that I ever win anything but on second thoughts I realised a mid summer break in Costa del Sol with the rest of Ireland and most of the Uk would actually be my idea of hell so I decided to give it a miss. 

I can see why people book their holidays at this time of the year. You really do need something to look forward to when you can't sit indoors without the heating on and you only go outside for work and emergencies (like running out of food) and I know if I could afford it then it's exactly what I'd be doing right now. Maybe I should just be befriending some lovely people who have lots of money and might want to take me on holidays/ lend me their lovely home in sunnier climes but I just don't know how to go about it.

For now though I'll be wrapping up warm and grumbling my way through this Friday without any anticipation for the weekend on which I will be mostly working and hoping tomorrow might just be a cheerier day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..