Summer Summer Holidays

In work we have to book our holidays well in advance to ensure we get the days we want. Here's how it works. We get a week in Spring and a week in Summer but I find it awfully complicated deciding what dates to take when I haven't made any plans yet. I've only just made plans for my long weekend and that's this weekend coming. I cant help but feel this system wasn't set up to accommodate for the indecisive amongst us. That's me, in case that wasn't obvious. I am the indecisive one.

Originally my plan was this and bear with me because it doesn't sound all that exciting (mostly because it isn't). The dates I had decided on so far were Valentines weekend and a weekend in May. My reasons for Valentine's weekend aren't quite as romantic as you'd think, nope, that's really not my style. I wanted to go to a comedy show on Valentine's night which falls on a Friday and I was trying to book it off because chances are I'll get stuck working late and won't be able to go and I wanted the rest of the weekend off to go to a Crossfit Competition at Crossfit Tipperary (the gym my sister and her husband own). Yea I know, jealous much. Well I would have enjoyed it but it was not to be because someone else in my department got in first and has already booked those dates. Which I imagine they will use to do very different things. As for the weekend in May I was trying to get that off because my sister and her husband need to go to some crossfit event somewhere in Europe and they needed me to mind the niecelings but that weekend also clashes with someone in my departments holidays and to think I had thought I was being super efficient putting in for them now. Well that showed me.

I guess I don't put a lot of thought into my holidays because it isn't as though I have money to go away anywhere. Last year I kind of wasted them if I'm going to be honest about it. I took a whole week off during the crossfit games and ended up in Clonmel with rubbish internet unable to actually watch any of it and I went back to work feeling like I hadn't really had a week off at all. Silly me. 

So now that my previous plans have been scrapped I need to think again. Maybe this year I might actually do something. I have a half formed plan to go to Edinburgh for a long weekend. It seems a shame not to because I haven't been back for a visit in the three years since I left. Even though I meant to. I've already found some super cheap flights in July and I have friends I can stay with over there. Firstly I'll see if I can get those dates off and then try and summon up the money from somewhere before those flights stop being such a bargain and maybe, just maybe this year I'll actually get a bit of a holiday. That would be awesome. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..