Don't workout in jeans- life lessons from someone still learning

Don't workout in Jeans sounds like the kind of advice you probably don't need to give most people but Sometimes when you pack in a hurry you might actually forget to bring tracksuit pants to Clonmel with  you and in this hypothetical situation you might also have a sister who does not see that as a valid reason to miss a workout. Luckily for me only my family witnessed this because working out in very tight jeans can not be done gracefully (the kind of tight you have to do a special dance in to get them up). It was more than a little uncomfortable but I just got on with it ( after much griping and moaning ) But at least now I know the next time I get that nagging feeling I've forgotten something important just as I'm leaving the apartment it might be worth double checking.

If you have a terrible sense of direction then shortcuts are best avoided. I don't have the best sense of direction and I'm also somewhat impatient/ lazy (bit of both maybe) so at this point in my life I'm used to both of these superpowers combining to lead to me getting lost and sometimes very lost indeed. Last summer when I was learning to drive I went for a walk on Tramore Beach and on my way back I took 'a shortcut' through the sand dunes and ended up so lost that I was going to have to set up camp in there. Eventually I emerged on the beach again and ended up having to do more walking than I would had I skipped the shortcut so another lesson learned.

Don't go into your back yard without your keys if there's any danger the door might close. Ah yes this one I learned when I lived with the girl from Carrick on suir  and her bulldog. The house we shared looked out onto the main road and we had a tiny back yard where the dog was supposed to stay and our bins were kept. The backyard had a wall around it and behind that wall was a builders yard belonged to our landlord ( it faced the road but had a giant gate that was always locked). Anyway I was there one Friday morning getting ready for work and I just needed to take out the rubbish. Our yard was tiny and the bin was less than a foot away so not thinking I stepped outside leaving the back door open. No sooner than my back was turned did the dog run inside and two seconds later a breeze slammed the door shut. So here I was in my back yard. No phone or keys on me and my housemate had only just left for work. Trying not to panic I tried the door and the windows but had no luck. Then  I scaled the wall into the yard next door but couldn't see a way out and got back into our yard, seeing no way into the house I scaled the wall again and started trying to work out if I could possibly climb the gate ( which was almost the height of the house) and I stood there for ages trying to get the attention of a passer by, all while looking like a crazy person until an old man stopped and agreed to help me over the gate. So then I was still outside my house with no key and no way in unsure of where to go next. So I asked the taxi driver parked outside if he knew the number of the bookies my housemate worked and he kindly drove up me up there for free  where I borrowed her keys and I got home just in time to find the dog chewing the book I had on loan from work.

make sure you have your car keys with you before you lock the car. A few months back I went home for the night and I was tired and stressed so Probably should have just gone home to bed but I didn't and I made a pit stop at Tesco's on the way home. It wasn't until I shut the door I realized the key wasn't in my hand. I then Had to wait for ages for breakdown assist to come and another forty minutes after that watching a guy with a coat hanger trying to break into my car worried that he might actually shatter the window and cursing my idiocy.

so unfortunately I seem to be someone who learns things the hard way but on the plus side stories of my idiocy tend to be amusing for others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..