Who made it okay to wear pyjamas in public?

When Exactly did we reach a point where it was deemed acceptable to step outside your house in pyjamas and am I the only one who sees this as the decline of our society.

I can't imagine a scenario where I'd ever think that was okay but then again I'd be embarrassed to be seen in town in a tracksuit unless I was going directly to or from the gym. It's possible that this might just make me a bit of a snob and if that's the case I'm willing to own it and continue to advocate that pyjamas are indoor clothes and tracksuits are work out weeks only.

Now I'm not saying people have to agree with me because its just an opinion and despite there being a pretty strong need for them in some parts of Ireland, the fashion police are not real.

I was in penneys one sunday, a few weeks back and while I was queuing to pay two scummy looking teenage girls were having a huge argument in these baggy shapeless tracksuits and while shamelessly eavesdropping the best part of their conversation ( it wasn't difficult given that they were screaming at each other ) , I found myself wondering if this was their Sunday best, is this what they wear to town while Their pyjamas are in the wash. I don't think that makes me a bad person. Obviously I was smart enough to keep this observation to myself.

But I don't know if pyjamas are being accepted as every day wear or just that if you only need to pop to tescos and you already have them on then what's the pint in changing. Or at least I imagine that's how it goes because I've never actually had that conversation with Someone. .
Now I don't think I've ever seen someone
In the bookshop I work In ( mind you we have had a homeless man in ladies skinny jeans in more than once) but then again people who think its okay to be outside like that just don't tend to be Avid readers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..