I'd hold off on the sunscreen if I were you.

There's a joke that's done the rounds about two friends and one says to the other do you remember summer last year and the other replies, oh yes I think it was on a Tuesday. Well the further into May we get the less funny and more accurate that joke seems.
Were about half through the month and I'm sat at home with a heater on under a blanket, wearing the dressing gown that makes me look like a Russian mobster. Mind you it's not half as sexy as the garment above, must get me one of those, It would look superb over my woolen bikini. 

I don't think I'm alone in being annoyed. It should not be this bloody cold in the middle of May, even by Irish standards. I left work today to lashing rain, icy cold rain and I got pretty soaked on my way home and clearly looked so miserable that an old lady felt obliged to stop and offer me a lift. Considering it takes me all of five minutes to get home from work that's pretty impressive rain. It just makes me glad I didn't invest much money in a summer wardrobe as its looking like there would be scant opportunity to wear any of it, at this rate I'd be lucky to have a day where I don't need a jacket leaving the house. 

Now considering how much of our small talk is made up of weather conversations, I'm not sure what we'd find to talk about. I'd have to stick to just commenting on peoples cards and books in work and I find that's not always appreciated.

All I'm really asking for is a few days where I can sit outside in actual warm sun wishing I could still eat ice cream and feeling hopeful about the future in the kind of way sunny weather always makes you perk up a little. I could use my days off work to go to the seaside and say things like who needs a sun holiday when we have lovely beaches here but I might as-well sit around hoping someone will offer me a free sun holiday because at this rate that's just as likely to happen. 

It's probably just as well I don't quite have a bikini body or a bikini for that matter ( although I do know someone who might be able to knit me one- the bikini obviously, not the body) because it's unlikely either would be seeing the light of day this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..