It's official, I'm actually a walking catastrophe


I am very clumsy. This is a true story and I have many the bruise and the scar to show for the time I fell off one thing or banged into another and I'm talking about while sober and awake  ( let's take a moment to be glad I don't sleepwalk)
It can mostly be put down to my poor coordination and my ability to space off at any given moment. Yes I will admit this is a dangerous combination so It's probably no surprise that at some times I feel as though I am more bruise than woman. When I was smaller ( and I meant twenty odd years ago) I occasionally dreaded the summer months because I hated falling with bare legs and I was permanently covered with cuts and bruises. Now I have gotten a little better but that's probably because I play a lot less tag and I Couldn't actually tell you when the last time I climbed a tree was.  
 In saying that, this morning I actually surpassed myself. I was at the gym doing a workout that included box jumps ( yes that's literally jumping on 33'' box ) and I'm a little scared of falling which leads to me jumping as though I'm attacking the box. Anyway I landed badly, so badly that I not only lost my balance and fell off the box but fell onto the edge of the next box badly bruising my arm, It is only that I can appreciate the irony of this. I Am proud to say that I did get back on the box moments later and didn't fall
Again ( surely that's a win) but I did make  the girls jumping on either side of me feel a little nervous.

Somehow it managed to not ruin my day once I was done having a mini pity party for one over my poor sore arm. It's already less sore which is great because I missed my second workout today so I
Have some making up to do tomorrow and it doesn't look as though it will scar which is surely a bonus. I still have a moon shape on my leg from Christmas time when I decided to hang decorations in work and put my weight on the wrong part of the stool so it flipped over, knocked me off and whacked me in the shin. Like I said , I'm a disaster 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..