How not to diet by someone who knows

I'm not having a good week with food, scratch that I'm not having a good life with food. I am spending far too much time thinking about it and I kept a log this month of where my money goes and quelle surprise aside from bills the majority goes on food. On an average week I do a full food shop, at least one health food shop and usually at least two other trips to the supermarket for things I've either forgotten or run out of and for a single girl who lives alone that's a whole lot of food.

Lately I've been feeling like whaley the whale and in case you weren't sure it's not a good feeling. This stupid elimination diet actually has me eliminating so many things that I occasionally stray from the path of good eating and then pain for it with stomach pains and a stomach so bloated it's like I have my very own food baby (but it's cool because I rock that look). I have found that when your plan to lose weight isn't quite panning out then it might not be the best time to take up baking. I have most definitely put up weight, not much but I see it creeping back onto my midsection like the spare tire I could do without.

Apparently it's too much to request it bypass my stomach and go straight to my boobs because that's weight gain I could probably come to terms with. It seems to be the first place the weight fell from when I shook off my fat suit (0r lost the weight, call it what you will).
So the problem with baking isn't so much what I'm using as the ingredients are really not all that bad. Nothing that's really processed, coconut sugar instead of regular sugar, that sort of thing so to be fair it's not like I'm eating a pack of mini ring donuts ( yes I did do that in Edinburgh which suddenly makes the size I was over there altogether less surprising) but when I bake a half batch of cupcakes just to see how they turn out and then eat a half batch of cupcakes thus confirming all five of them were lovely ( I had to be sure) then it's not good. It's not good at all.

Which how I've come to see baking as a dangerous art. Yes, it is soothing and I do enjoy it but unfortunately I enjoy sampling my wares a bit too much. Ideally I should bake in the mornings before work and then take whatever I've baked into work so other people can do the damage while I just get the satisfaction of baking but considering It's lucky that I even get to work looking vaguely presentable I'm not sure where I'm supposed to find the time or organizational skills to make this happen.

Perhaps a good dose of willpower or a stronger lock on my cupboard would do the trick. I did find out today that I can't eat Leonidas chocolates anymore, It's been three months and I just gave into the urge and the terrible thing is when I stopped feeling violently ill I was very glad because God help if I'm to resist these things all on my own. At this rate my body will soon just accept strawberries because everything else will upset my stomach. But that's okay because I can't think of anyone who got fat off just strawberries (maybe I'll be the first)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..