The world is not such a bad place


So I am told pretty frequently I should be less negative because If you expect the worst from life that's probably what you're going to get. Now naturally , as a pessimist, I don't really have time for this sort of positive thinking. I'm generally too busy setting myself up for the disappointments life is waiting to hand out.

Today I was not having a good day, a little too much training and a run in with a hockey ball had left my back feeling bruised and me feeling a little emotional. And by a little emotional I mean it's lucky I can't eat wheat because the donuts at the till at m&s were starting to look pretty seductive. So I'm in town bemoaning the fact that I actually have to do stuff and I go park my car and walk to the first shop on my to do list but when I go to pay I realise I don't have my wallet. I had it while paying for parking so I return to the car and frantically turn it upside down looking for it. by now I'm already imagining someone gleefully spending all my money and remembering a joke I once heard. I don't know the comedians name but he was talking about finding a 
Lost wallet and saying that in this situation he thinks what would I want to
Happen if it was my wallet that got lost before surmising that he would probably want to be thought a lesson. All while hoping that whoever had stumbled upon my wallet didn't share the same philosophy. In a concentrated effort to be a little more optimistic I returned to the charity shop to see if I'd dropped it there, I hadn't but the woman working there kindly gave me the magazines for free which was nice of her and headed home dejected trying to think of what I was going to do about the money I no longer had.

I'm home maybe 5 minutes when I get a call from my dad who's up in Dublin. Asking me if I'd lost my wallet and I'm trying to work out how on earth he could have known that when he tells me it was handed into the Garda station and when I call in to collect it everything is still In it.
Well there's my faith in humanity restored , I left feeling much happier about the money I'd not really appreciated an Hour ago and feeling much better about the world. It's not such a bad place, there's still some altruism left and if a teenage boy returns a wallet untouched then his parents have done a good job. 
the money i found is now mostly spent on protein and barley flour and other healthy things but I still appreciated getting it back and now I'm
Off to send a thank you card to the boy who returned it.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..