In search of the perfect body

One thing most women have in common is the desire for the perfect body but the only problem is that all that we really know about this perfect body is that we don't have it yet.

I too have been suckered into this quest, this desire to strive for perfection so I know as well as anyone how difficult it is especially when you feel you're flailing around resisting the foods you want and pushing yourself to exercise but it can feel like running on a treadmill, you can see you're running but you don't seem to be actually getting there. Now I can look at photos of me from two years ago filled with equal amounts of horror ( in a holy shitballs who ate Laura, and the biscuits and the mini donuts, sort of way) and admiration ( because I sure as hell
Don't look like that anymore because of changes I've made to my diet and lifestyle) but it doesn't mean that I'm done yet. Sometimes it's hard to see how far you've come when all you can see is how far you've left to go.

But here's the thing, it seems that you reach a certain point in weight loss/ fitness thing where it's no longer okay to complain about how you look. The vibe I've been getting from those all around me is that I'm done now and I should be happy because other people don't always see you with the same critical eye you see yourself. I've learned this body confidence
I've been desperately been seeking didn't come With the smaller jeans I've bought and it sure as hell didn't come with going down a bra size once again ( just give me a moment to shake off some of my annoyance about how I'm starting to resemble a boy ) because body confidence isn't really all that much to do With how you actually look. It's all
About how you think you look and how you feel about that and unfortunately there's only so much eating paleo or exercising all the time can really do to fix that.

So bear with me if I seem discontented because I feel altogether too wobbly where I'd like to feel firm and my cellulite
Is ever present, stubbornly mocking me when I happen to change near a mirror (I do try to avoid that as much as I can )
But I get glimpses of happiness when something fits better or closes when it wouldn't before so it's not a full time pity
Party for one chez Laura. The real work isn't going to be changing how I look, i know with crossfit and my stupid elimination diet ( yay IBS) it will only be a matter of time before less things move when I jump up and down. No, the hard part is changing how i feel about what I see and quieting the voice in my head that constantly puts me down ( she's a real
Bitch) and once I work out how to do that I'll probably write a book about it and make my millions from that. No, seriously once I work that out the rest can come in its own time. I probably wont ever have the perfect body but some day I hope not to mind quite as much


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..