Bad car day !

I am a very stressed Laura because I am having what can only be known as a bad car day. And I am handling it well , I am not at all worked up or flustered. (okay so that would be a lie) I can feel the anxiety bubbling but the sounds of drunken scumbags a few hundred yards from apartment that are so loud that It sounds like the cast of shameless is in my living room is doing much to soothe my fractured nerves. No, actually that's not true I want to fucking kill them. 

So My car, little Stella is about 15 years old and due to be NCT'd shortly as I am broker than a very broke thing I have been holding off getting her serviced until just before the date. I have money set aside and It would be easier to get everything fixed in one go but as the day draws nearer it feels like everything is going wrong. 

Last week I noticed one of the front indicators is broken. Now I know for a fact I didn't hit anything which means someone hit my car while it was parked and drove off like a good citizen. Em thanks for that. 
Then Last night I was driving back to Waterford after the gym and about 15 minutes or so down the road I noticed my car was driving funny so I pulled over to see that my tire was not only flat but a little mangled looking  and this is embarrassing but I don't know how to change a tire, there I said it. I am completely clueless when it comes to that sort of thing. I just get into my car and drive it places and hope nothing goes wrong a long the way. I only had a vague idea that I might have the necessary equipment in my boot to change a tire but I'm pretty sure I'd have just been messing about trying to use it. Now my mum, who has a pretty dry sense of humor, suggested that I don't learn how to fix my car but make sure I drive around in something skimpy and then stand outside my car looking helpless if it broke down because someone would surely help me. As it happens I broke down on my way home from the gym and because it's so warm at the moment I had worked out in shorts and a vest, I don't really have much in the way of summer clothes so I thought whats the harm in keeping them on when I'm only driving home so there's no way I was stepping outside the car dressed like that. So I did what any adult woman does in this situation, I called my Dad. Okay fine so must adults would handle this themselves but it seemed like a better option than standing at the side of the road looking confusedly at a jack while I waited for some stranger to help me. I wasn't too far from home so he arrived with half an hour and started to demonstrate how to change a tire while I nodded attentively like someone who would be able to replicate this action if the need arose (okay admittedly I'd probably panic , I'm not good at that sort of thing) and it was all going well until he went to move the tire and it wouldn't budge. It was so badly damaged that it was stuck to the car and I actually thought I was going to have to abandon the car at one point, I even called breakdown assist because nothing was happening and then my dad managed it dislodge the tire using a rock. So yea the tire is fucked and now I need a new light and a new tire.

But wait there's more. I got home this evening and decided it would be smart to go buy my food for the week this evening but when I get into my car I notice the side mirror is dangling by the silver cables. It was fine when I parked it last night and it wasn't the side facing the road so it could only have been some drunken scumbags on their way home from the pub. Eh thanks guys. So yes I had to fix it on with sellotape (it was all I had !!) until I could go buy duck tape in Tesco's. I'm actually worried the whole car will just collapse when I next go to drive it. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..