You think you're grown up until ......

So a good friend of mine has a birthday coming up and I decided in a fit of brokeness/ creativity to revive an old tradition of giving her a handmade card. Now before you start thinking awww that must be lovely let me just remind you of two facts. One is my very limited drawing capabilities. One good example of this is that today I was playing with my four year old niece and she asked me to draw a butterfly so I did and she copied it, my sister could not tell which drawing was which. Yes, I really am that bad. The other thing is I'm not really into soppy sentimental type stuff so I'm more likely to traverse down memory lane by regaling friends with hilarious drunken antics than talking about that really special moment we shared.

Anyway It was while trying to put this card together that I realized how terribly immature I still am on a very basic level. There is still a part of me that wants to tell every small child to not grow up because it's trap but that's not what tonight's blog post is about. I am still laughing at the same things I did when I was 15/16 and I've kind of stopped believing I'll ever grow out of it as embarrassing as that is. I think my least redeeming feature (aside from  my acerbic wit ) is the awful tendency I have to laugh out loud (literally LOL) whenever someone says something that could be interpreted as dirty but that's not even the worst part of it. It seems I have a particular laugh that I reserve for such occasions and it sounds nothing like my usual one. Nothing gives away the fact that you're a big child in disguise like a big dirty snigger when someone says something verging on innuendo. 

I think you can take it as a sign that I have been doing crossfit long enough that I no longer have a bit of a giggle when referring to my snatch (the crossfit movement as opposed to my actual vajayjay) but I still can't bring myself to refer to my crossfit gym as my box because it just sounds wrong. Probably outside of Ireland the word box does not have sexual connotations but here I'd feel more than a little embarrassed to go around sporting a t-shirt that announces I support my box because I'd just be sniggering all the time.


Another time recently I was out at a friends house and telling my friend about something I had read in a magazine where people were complaining about difficult flatmates and one girl had said her flatmate was so bad for eating her food that she took to leaving  it in her room but on one such occasion she left birthday cake in her bedroom and her flatmate went in and ate it while she was out. After I finished telling my story my friend responded, outraged, that she would go nuts if her flatmate ate her bedroom cake without asking her. At this point I was giggling away because to me 'bedroom cake' sounded like a word for vagina (lady garden, flange, flange cake , Fur burger- thank you Jimmy Carr for the last one). I think that proves my point nicely. Thank you and goodnight 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..