Something's hot in here. Yes, that would be my skin !

I am actually glowing but not in the good way. I'm aware you can't really see it in the photo but I am red, not a little pink but red enough to clash with pink. True story. It's not an attractive look for 
me and I am not all that delighted with the results of my stupidity. Out in the sun on a very hot day with only sunscreen on my face, you think I'd have predicted this.

I have however discovered that self inflicted injuries tend to get you a lot less sympathy and instead
people are wincing and asking why would I do this to myself as though I intentionally decided to burn my skin in the same way
that some people choose to sunbathe. But it's okay because I don't need the sympathy of others because I am perfectly good at feeling sorry for myself. One might say I have it down to an art form. My skin feels hot and tight and really all I want to do is fill a bath with chilled aloe vera gel and sit in it until the burning stops and then we all can laugh at my ridiculous vest shaped tan. This morning I was too sore to get into my shower (I can only imagine the hot water would have been agony) so I had to wash my hair by leaning over the shower and trying not to soak myself entirely.

I was in work today moving slowly around the shop as a sunburned leg doesn't like to move with any sort of speed (or so I'm 
now discovering) but also I'm finding wearing clothes on my sunburn to be quite uncomfortable. Though I haven't actually asked I know that coming to work in a vest top and shorts would be very much frowned upon. Luckily for me work was more than a little quiet and I was given the chance to use up holiday hours I was owed by going home early. I can't say its been a productive afternoon. Just me lounging about in my pyjamas slathering on aloe vera gel and watching made in chelsea like some sort of ailing patient on the couch. It seems so ridiculous that I could have gotten this burned in the sun only yesterday when outside the sky is patchwork of grey and my jacket has been put back into commission.

Next time we get some sun I'll have learned my lesson and coat myself in an entire bottle of sunscreen before stepping outside of my apartment, that's if there's a next time. But for now I think it's time for my next aloe vera application and hopefully by tomorrow my skin wont be hot enough to melt things.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..