I do like to be beside the seaside


This evening I found myself at a bit of a loose end when I realized I was no longer needed to babysit and a whole free Sunday loomed ahead of me. We have been getting the kind of weather that's been unheard of in Ireland of late so I was determined to not be stuck inside my poxy little apartment wasting what everyone keeps telling me is going to be the last sunny day for a while ( way to let me enjoy the sunshine !) 

Now luckily for me my parents own a holiday home ( house not caravan ) in Wexford, the next county over and knowing they'd be there this weekend I made an impulsive decision to pack a bag and head to fethard on sea. Yea that's really what this place is called. it's one of those places that's really nice when the sun is shining but for a large part of the year the sunny south east sounds more like some one was being sarcastic when they came up with that name. 

The best part of having a car ( when it actually runs) is that I can just take off and go somewhere when the whim takes me ( With nothing but petrol money to stop me) and fethard isn't all that far away only a short drive and ferry ride to get here. The bit I'd conveniently forgotten once I hit the Wexford side is that I've only actually driven to our house on hook head once before and I have a pretty terrible sense of direction. It didn't help that my parents felt it was best to give me two conflicting sets of directions so I went against my instincts and tried to follow a sort of mish mash of both and ended up taking a really nice scenic drive along the way. When I say scenic drive what I really mean is that I got so lost it was almost ridiculous and got to see a lot more of the coast than I planned. 
I figured I'd eventually find my way back to the road I should be on and I did, sort of. after feeling like I'd pretty much seen all of Wexford ( or just a few miles of the coast line) I eventually found myself heading towards fethard village which I probably should have already bypassed
A few miles back but I wasn't in the humor to quibble with myself, alone in my 
Car. So I reach the village and turn off for hook head thinking if I remember correctly the house is not far down this road but it turns out I have a pretty bad memory to go with my appalling sense of 
Direction and the house was further away than I remembered. So much so that I became convinced that I was driving the wrong way and turned around and took two different turns but nothing looked familiar. I eventually found my way and also discovered that the house was further out than I thought and that I had been on the right road the first time.

The main thing is I got here and all going well tomorrow I will be on the beach soaking up the sun, all the sun. Before going back to the miserable, dreary summer I've been told to expect from this point on 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..