What I really think is......

I have many many opinions on a wide range of subjects but it's really socially acceptable to share them all the time. Which is most unfortunate for me. I have always struggled with hiding my true feelings and often get told I should probably speak my mind less (I'm totally working on it) but I think if people should hear the stuff I'm keeping to myself if they think the things I actually say are bad.

I can't help myself sometimes and it can be really damn hard to sit there nodding mutely when you know someone's wrong either just in your gut or because they clearly have no grasp of the facts of the matter. I can almost hear the clearly constructed sentences begging to get out and can nearly taste blood because I'm biting my lip that hard to avoid opinion over spill.

The truth of the matter is that most people only have a very close group of friends with whom they can actually speak their minds and even then you can't say everything you're thinking even if its right or you might find yourself with no friends at all. For many people this is not much of an issue because most people are so unused to actually speaking their minds that they couldn't do it at gunpoint. I,  it would seem have the opposite problem. I don't enjoy lying, I was never any good at it. Just watch me go red and avoid eye contact but personally I think that not being a good liar makes me more trustworthy so surely that's a positive thing, right? so smiling while someone , I don't know all that well, tells me how great 50 shades of grey is, when I know it's actually the most awful tripe I've ever read and I've read a lot of rubbish so I know what I'm talking about.

Really wouldn't the world be a lot simpler if we all just said a little more of what we were thinking but obviously held some of it back. It would just cut out all this passive aggressive crap that so many people engage in and instead you would say I'm not happy with how you behaved or actually I'm quite angry with you right now and not have all those feelings sitting festering inside you while you do your damnedest to be pleasant. Then again that's just my opinion so don't quote me on this or anything 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..