Trashy tv and literary fiction


I think if you were to sum up how I spend my time outside work, when I'm not in Clonmel training, it's pretty much trashy tv shows and good books. I like to strike a balance and for some reason I can easily watch made in Chelsea but shudder at the thought of reading Cecilia Ahearne ( admittedly my reading tastes were a lot less discerning before I worked in a bookshop and had to rely on what the library and second hand bookshops had to offer) 

Tonight I found myself notably upset to discover that yet another American TV show that I've really been enjoying has been cancelled. ( stupid American TV networks) and I'm not saying I get too emotionally invested in TV shows except I do to the extent that I occasionally ( very occasionally) start to think of characters in them as people I actually know. The show in question this time around is one called smash and It's based around a group of people working on a musical but It's so good. Well it is if you're at all
Like me and a sucker for some decent songs and dancing mixed in with your drama. By the end of season two I
Found myself really wishing hit list was a real musical that I could see or at the very 
Least that they would dedicate an episode to just showing the musical in its entirety but no instead they went and cancelled it. The bastards ! 

If you watch a lot of American tv and a eI do, the summer is not the best time of year because its when everything comes to an 
End ( not everything gets cancelled, just the ones I'm really enjoying but most  seasons get wrapped up around now and don't restart for another three months or so). Fortunately I a woman of duel passions and no tv means I can devote more time to my other love, books. Oh glorious books, so
Many stories to fall into head first and I go through patches of time where I just can't settle on anything to read but this is 
Not one of those times. Lately I have found myself hoarding stacks of really good literary fiction. Sometimes in work I get really excited when I see a few really good books that look promising and I have to fight the urge to take them
All home at once or just hide in Some camera blackspot in the shop and get started right away. I go through phases where I'll read only crime or only teen but right now literary is what I'm delving into and there's some really exciting things out there. To be fair in a bookshop it's not like I'm likely to run out any time soon. 

I'll surely find enough to keep me going until tv season begins or my social life picks up and I have more exciting things to do than have my head stuck in a book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..