Less work, more play


Sometimes when I get a day off I can't help for wishing for more days off and the 
More i enjoy my free time the more I wish I could have all the days off. One teeny little problem with that is about two years ago I had six full months of all the days off and it didn't actually feel like one long holiday. Even though logic dictates it should.

The truth is that a holiday is really only enjoyable when you know you are going to be working again when it's over, regardless of how you feel about your job. I don't mind mine most of the time but as I get into the swing of days off where I'm baking cookies with my nieces and reading a really good book or two and working out plus drinking all the tea in m&s cafe and I think yea I could do more of this ( pretty Much sums today for 
Me) but I'm conveniently forgetting that actual unemployment involves a lot more chronic boredom coupled with frequent desperate searches of multiple job sites that all seem to be advertising the same 20 jobs. 

And the good news is I have another two days of freeeeedom before I return to work and as tempting as it would be to spend half a day or so lolling about in bed reading as many books as I can before my eyes begin to blur, I know that I won't. I'll be up and in the gym pushing myself that bit further than I did the day before. As I do my best to go out and be sociable I am hit With the almost overwhelming urge to go somewhere quiet and read some more of whatever book that's nestled in my handbag. Always an introvert at heart. 

Now I won't say I am particularly looking forward to my return to work. Especially given that I have seven days in a row to look forward to but I know my days off wouldn't be half as precious if i didn't have anything to compare them to. and really once I get back into the swing of things it won't be that bad really. Admittedly the week off I have to look forward to at the end of June should surely help me along if I have too many stupid questions or another child puking in the children's section 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..