Sunshine, sea and not much else


I'm having a lazy sunny afternoon and I'm sitting on the decking of my parents summer house with a finished book beside me and I'm just gazing out at this view which is straight out of anywhere but Ireland. And yes, I know it's 'beer garden ' weather but I've never mastered the art of day time drinking plus the promise of a Monday working looms so I am by default my own designated driver.

I'm sitting under a giant umbrella because I went for a walk this morning without sun cream on and I look like a giant pink and white bar. I could be sitting on a beach right now but i thought it best to not aggravate the sunburn any ab more than necessary And also, despite the fact that I do like being near the sea, I don't actually like sand because it gets everywhere and It's so damn grainy or crowds. I'm not a fan of them either but this unexpected heat wave pretty much guarantees them.

It's strangely quiet down here and the only sound I can hear is birds and the odd cow in the distance but I'm struck by the row of empty houses facing me. Even  
On a weekend as glorious as this. Surely people know this might be the last bit of good weather we get ! Hopefully it won't be but having living through many an Irish 
Summer it's good to be mentally prepared if nothing else. 

At some point I need to make the drive home but as long as the sun is shining I am in holiday mode and want to stay until 
The urgency of tonight's dinner and tomorrow's lunch , needing up
Be prepared become impossible to ignore. This feels like a bubble and as long as I stay here the mundaneness of a 
Monday in work can't reach me 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..