Exploration


Exploration
Night time can be a dark and dreary time.
A bell rings and my inner demons come calling.
A sugar rush backwards through my veins,
An easter bunny lies guiltily half eaten.
A tale that almost tells itself.
I shy from confrontation.
The light stays on and so I avoid myself.
Wish myself already asleep with whispered protestations.
Can you see me now ?
I see nothing but my own twisted self image.
I know where my worries lie.
I am well practised in the art of procrastination.
Tomorrow is always another day,
Yesterdays tasks lie un-ticked and pressure builds.
I wait to be suffocated by own inactivity
Or puke with panic flashing in my eyes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..