If you go down to the woods today ...

This will be my third weekend in a row off. Normally that would be very exciting but seeing as I no longer work in retail that will be a regular occurrence until I start to get relief work. For now though I am enjoying the feeling of freedom and I have already gotten accustomed to lazy Sundays. I don't have to tell you that they are a million times nicer than Sundays working in the bookshop but they really are. I had a lovely lie in this morning and then got up to make pancakes for me and pancakes with bacon bits for himself ( if a vegetarian cooking meat for her boyfriend isn't love then I don't know what is) and after showering I decided the best plan of action was to get back into bed and watch some comedy. An hour later I dragged myself out and made myself look like a human before we headed out. 

We treated ourselves to lunch at Momo. I've only been once since I started the new job and I was thinking they probably missed seeing me in there. I'm pretty sound like that. The delicious food was just a bonus. I got risotto (starter portion)  with fries and a coffee and Stephen got the same but with prawn dumplings. It was delicious as always although I do wish I'd given it a chance to cool before having my first mouth-full as you don't want hot risotto in your mouth, its incredibly burny. Once our bellies were all full we headed out to Dunmore East for a walk. We wanted to go somewhere nice without me having to drive for ages ( okay that last bit was my own stipulation) so we looked up local walks on the Waterford in your pocket website. It's pretty handy feature to it because all the places Stephen really wants us to visit tend to be much further away than I feel like driving. I was used to Sundays off and I was feeling pretty lazy. I was looking for a walk not too far away that we hadn't done before so the Dunmore East wood walk was perfect.

We set off soon after lunch and the clouds held the gloomy promise of rain as we made our way out there. I guess we like to live life on the edge because we went for it anyway. Now if  you're hoping this is the bit where I tell you we stumbled upon a teddy bears picnic, then you'll be sorely disappointed. What we found was a nice walk and a great swing. Plus I got some nice photos so my parents know I got outside this weekend. That's pretty important that they know that I didn't spend all Sunday under a blanket even if I sort of wanted to. 
I was glad we got out and got some air and as I write this I am back under a blanket and it is so very cosy. I have the week off now for midterm so really I could have a week of lie ins and be part sloth by the time it comes to an end but I think instead I'll make other plans. 

Comments

  1. Glad you enjoyed your weekend and loved the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..