RAS

Ras
The crowd surges forward,
all moving to the same beat,
not seeking anything more ominous than dance.

Music vibrates through my seat
and I feel it pulsing in my cheek,
in my hair and somehow
I think I am pulsing too.

He preaches the religion of Dub Reggae,
yet in music the words melt
into each other and I 
can only nod as though I understand.

Happy to sit on the edge,
Watching a throbbing crowd dance
as if on cue,
wondering if drinking in atmosphere
is really a thing.
Or if music I can't really describe
should make me this happy, this upbeat.

Surrendering to the night
that's in it as this musical
odyssey draws to a close.

Unsure if dub reggae is something
I can really do justice to 
with mere words
but I can say with clarity
that I like it.
Even if it's just as a woman,
watching, waiting,
not quite participating. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..