New year

New Year

Days fall into daily frustration
and I promised myself
I wouldn't be the one scrawling
New Year's resolutions onto napkins.

This will be the year of me,
this year ends and I am
making so many plans
to be different as though
this was a novel idea.

Let's be fitter and somehow richer,
let's go out more,
turn my life around
and not just make dents in
my couch as I wait to be discovered.

This will be a New Year,
you'd swear this wasn't my 32nd
one of these as I am feeling as optimistic
as a kitten, half blind to the truth.

This year may well be the same as last,
I might well blur into insignificance.
if I don't change something,
I can't expect different results,
I will just slowly go insane.

Or my changes might not be as slow,
it's easier to just stay here,
away from big scary world
and frighten myself with
the what ifs and prophecies of doom.

Is this the year I will be a better version of myself?
I certainly can't be a worse one.
Is it a new year or just another year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..