If you work out so much why don't you have any muscles?


Someone actually asked me that the other day and I don't think it was meant as an insult ( at least I hope not). I'm
Choosing to see it as the fact that the person saying it expected me to be bulkier. I think that's the  perception people have of women who lift weights.

I would like to take a moment to point out 
That I do actually wear more clothes than the girl pictured when working out and generally speaking I don't wear that stupid expression on my face either.

I remember when I started cross-fit , I asked my sister how to stop myself getting too muscly and at what point I should stop working out. Back then getting in shape was my only objective and I figured I'd eventually get my 'perfect' body and stop. I think I should probably take a moment to laugh at my naïveté because the goal posts have definitely shifted.

I am never going to look like a female body builder, not matter how heavy I lift or how many Olympic lifting moves I learn
Because I don't have the kind of body that bulks naturally and I certainly have no intention of taking supplements to build muscle. Surely I can't be the only who's really grossed out by overly muscly
Women? I was watching the cross-fit regionals in Europe recently and so many of the women looked like blokes. I don't see myself aspiring to that anytime soon. 
Look up Sam Briggs, she's an English athlete who's clearly on some sort of supplement and has the manliest arms I have ever seen on anyone ( other than men, obviously) plus she looks like the type of women who would readily bottle you for looking at her boyfriend. So if that's what's meant by having muscles then I'm good thanks .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..