Forever


Forever
blackness leaking
my soul is seeping
through the cracks of life
and i am dying
a slow death of my own making
suffocating beneath
my own sadness
so this is how it feels
to truly see myself
i care but
there is nothing ever after
no happy ending
I'm done pretending
standing up to look myself in the eye
and shying away
the truth, too ugly
to acknowledge
if i could breathe
i would forget
the many steps I've taken
which have lead me to this path
standing intrepidly upon the edge 
wishing I could fall off
but life wont let me
wishing I could be myself
but no-one is willing to forget me
i want to slip from here
and feel a numbness seep through my bones
but life clings
my heart feels as though it will never sing again
and slowly oblivion sucks me into unconsciousness


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..