Between the cracks


Between the cracks
life exists between the cracks
and I live in the gaps
between sadness and myself
where were you when
I was melting?
sat here alone
tears clog my nose and throat
sometimes I forget
crying makes it hard to breathe
promises broken
truths unspoken
the thick fog of my words
clouds my judgement
bitter pity party for one
at table 5
no ones having tea
i am busy sipping my own misery
scaring myself halfway to death
wonder if im ever coming back
eyes congeal from unwashed make up
puffy from another nights tears
all the better not to see you my dear

freed by my own words
a silent release
falling backwards into time
beneath the cracks
i lie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..