waking

Waking
Waking in the shadows of the morning,
my mind buzzing with
left over chocolate and worries
for the day ahead.

my stomach grumbles angrily,
voicing its disquiet with the early
awakening and I listen
to my mind tick over
in the silence.

It feels like racing and I
wonder when my body will crash.
craving the rest I never gave it,
it is an unforgiving beast.

why I am awake now?
this thought on a loop
is my own version of the dawn chorus
it's echoes tickle the vast echelons
of my mind.

My morning musings scarcely seem
worth the sleep lost,
but I shrug at the thought
that this is a voluntary act.
abandon sleep for a whole morning
of endless possibility stretches
ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..