How to quieten a mind

How to quieten a mind

How do you silence the dialogue within,
the endless chatter,
the judgements I almost blurt out,
the mental spillage that goes on and on.

How do I stay in the now
when I am always absorbed
in a troublesome past
or an uncertain future.

How do I be anything other
than what I am.
How do I calm
the frantic woman within.

Twenty two habits of negative people
and here I am ticking almost every box,
guilty as charged.

How do you change a mind
that's set in its ways,
patterns ingrained.

How do I silence my mind,
my thoughts, my judgements
on myself and others.
How do I be myself when I hardly
know how to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..