On what it means to be a woman

On what it means to be a woman

Is it really not appropriate to describe myself as
a 32 year old girl,
really the label feels more fitting,
when exactly do the lines get blurred.

Should I behave differently
in recognition of this more suitable
term for a person of my age.
Is innocence lost completely,
should all vestiges of those
more gentle days already
be long departed.

What it really means to be a woman?
you should probably ask someone
more qualified than I,
for times I feel more like
a teenager trapped in a
grown woman's body,
still bubbling with the same
anxieties and insecurities.

Maybe I'll secretly refer
to myself as a girl instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..