Let's go back to black


Lets go back to black
I feel myself crumble in the dark,
Cant live up to my own expectations and yet I expect little.
Fearing disappointment I set my sights low .
Here I discover an explored crevice in my soul.
Don’t take time out for deep reflection ,
It leads to other things
Threads of my mind id rather not follow
For I already know where the trail ends.
Close my eyes and see tomorrow looming
Like a cloud over a wasted day .
So I reach out to tame my hangover blues
But I chase myself away.
I explore the bruises that only I can see,
Tender skin reveals me.
I shudder beneath the sweetest kind of pain.
One hand clings to the comfort of old scars ,
Waiting to be revisited ,
I move on but I never go away,
And there it lurks in the shadows,
A darker side of me ,
A guilty indulgence .
On the outside I’m smiling
But I know I can always go back to black 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..