I watch the world


I watch the world
I watch the world with closed eyes,
Seeing only the darkness within.
Aching to be myself, showing every face but my own,
Pleasing no one.
Too tired to wipe myself away and I just sink into sadness,
Easily. My familiar place . Words just wallow in my mind,
Twisting the knife. I come home to myself alone .
I wish upon stars like a child with long forgotten dreams.
Wishing the blackness away, my face hovers above the sorrow stained pillow, denying sleep.
I sicken for something, just beyond my grasp, in the shadows.
Don’t want to live this way. Leave my baggage at the emotional lost and found.
It clings to me like a second skin. Without this darkness I could never know joy and I only wish to know myself


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..