Dead gull


DEAD GULL
Oh dead gull you tattoo yourself upon my iris.
Your bony carcass melts into the rocks
leaving only the cloying stench of death.
Your feathers go bathing in the vicious sea
Which greedily brought you to your death
And I look now upon your matted remains
And bony form.
I feel I should weep for the life ripped from
Your wings, as others soar above you
In blissful ignorance.
Your eye is long rotted,
Leaving me gaping into a hauntingly open socket,
Pondering your gull like soul.
Your beak opened inviting sand
Into hidden crevices,
Soon even this brittle shell will be lost to the sea.
And I sit watching, waiting for you to rise and soar.
And the sea laps at my feet in a silent warning


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..