Less stress more success


The legendary nomlette as mentioned in Wednesdays post 

Neeeeew soup 

This a post about stress but it's also about food and you know soup because I don't like to limit myself.
I have been getting way too stressed lately over the silliest of things and I know I have blogged about this before so anyone who's been reading my blog or that knows me in person will actually be aware of this fact already so it's not exactly breaking news. I think lately I have become more aware of myself as I am getting stressed and I have decided now is the time to change that because it's really not good for my head or my overall sense of well being.

Today I have started my 8 weeks of quitting sugar which means no fruit, sugar or sugar substitutes and the hope is that in 8 weeks time I will be a new woman or at least an improved version of myself. Yesterday in preparation for the big change I cleared out any lingering fruit from the apartment and bought all the nuts and seeds in the supermarket ( okay fine so not all of them but a fairly decent selection ) and found myself considerably out of pocket because there's no financial reward in eating healthy. True story. Anyway I was all geared up to come home and make the soup I blogged about the other week when a conversation with a friend threw a spanner in the works. She just mentioned in passing that in order to get her blood sugar down she had been advised to give up carrots because they were so high in fructose. I had a mini meltdown at this revelation because what had I been munching on all day long only bloody carrots and I was feeling great about myself for it until I heard that news. I had also big plans to make a soup that featured many carrots. Now for anyone else this probably wouldn't be a big deal but anyone else isn't me and I turn getting stressed out into an art form. I wanted to start this new plan and I wanted to start it right so if I was going to be quitting other foods with fructose then it didn't make sense to keep eating carrots and I found myself getting quite wound up because I didn't know what I was allowed eat and the book I was following didn't give a specific list of banned foods. I foolishly checked the internet which seemed to be asserting that there was fructose in pretty much everything and then once the moment passed I calmed down slightly and worked out how to rescue my soup. I think I succeeded.

I'll share the recipe shortly and reassure you all with the knowledge that it turns out I am going to cope on this new eating plan so there's no need to stress out on my behalf, trust me I have been doing plenty for all of us on this matter. The thing I really do need to tackle is my stress because I went to bed last night with a migraine and that's most likely what caused it or it could have been the giant bag of carrot sticks I was munching on. So I think I need to give meditation a go as I don't seem to be able to just the chill the fuck out on my own. Hopefully that will help because it cant do any harm. Anyway the good news is out of all this I created a new soup and its lovely. Enjoy

Mixed vegetable soup
1 butternut squash
1 small onion
5 pieces brocolli
2 parsnips
a handful of spinach
and a pinch of fresh coriander. 
3 tsp bouillon vegetable stock 
a handful red lentils
1 tsb coconut oil 

Chop the squash, brocolli, parsnip, spinach and coriander and leave to the side. 
Heat a large saucepan and add the tsp of coconut oil.
Once melted add onions and gently stir. 
Add all the other veg and a handful of lentils .
Add the bouillon stock to a litre of hot water and pour onto the veg . Add another half jug of water to the veg and bring to the boil. Once boiling put on a lower heat and allow to simmer for about 40 mins or until veg is soft. Blend until soup is smooth and eh voila you have enough yummy soup for the whole neighbourhood. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..