Sin

Sin
Here I am , naked, stripped to the bone, degraded.
Tears rush eagerly down my cheeks,
I can’t raise my eyes to meet my reflection.
Fall into the same story again,
Believing the memorised lies,
And waking once more to despise myself.
What have I become,
A shadow tinged with blackness.
A girl swallowed up by sin.
I beat myself with sticks I’ve crafted,
Feel as though I’ve earned this pain.
I remember all the drinks I’ve taken,
Slowly slither down my throat.
And the night blurs in the distance,
Returning to haunt my daily routine with sudden flashes.
I remember where I’ve been and irk to remove my skin,
Scratching slowly , ease the shame.
Fall away from this .
Rediscovering my childlike innocence .
Tasting my sin.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..